Thursday, May 5, 2011

Was Late

And because I was late, I missed out on a good chunk of Brock's presentation. I felt really rude coming in and disturbing his presentation and rather sad because from what I heard, it was very interesting. An alternate universe? How exciting. It made me remember an episode of Futurama when they deal with alternate universes and how everything was the opposite from the 'normal' universe, just as Brock was saying. Except that, of course, the basics were still the same, it was merely the colors and people whom were different.

Jordan, to me, had a very sturdy idea to me that I found I could hardly argue. I think it was interesting the different break down of knowledge type and how we obtained information from it. What I really appreciated was how she never said 'knowledge is always true', because as the discussion was circulated, it seemed that two bits of knowledge could be in conflict, such as the formulate and emotional knowledge. But I suppose even if one or the other was wrong to someone else, it'd be true to oneself.

Sarah's paper to me presented an interesting topic, mostly because we as artists heavily rely on sight. Not to mention, I need to wear glasses/contacts at all times otherwise I can't see and everything becomes blobs of colors. I think it's a good point to say that sight isn't the best but that it's one of the more important factors to obtaining true knowledge.

Issac presented a topic that I found enjoyable but slightly controversial. I really, really enjoyed that God is a being created and sculpted from our own experiences. However, I disagree with the idea that we have to have an experience to know God. I feel that even if we don't have an experience with God, that would still shape an understanding of him a bit.

More food for thoughts. Yum,

No comments:

Post a Comment