Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Act III

The idea that we're all left to randomness and chaos is highly evident in Act III, especially when we get to scene two with Oberon. He seems to be very annoyed and angered that Puck messed up on a simple task, but Puck shrugs it off as fate and is instead just having a good time. I like the contrast between these two characters and ideas. I find it especially nice how closely their associated with each other in the play as well.

The story is going wonderful, I really want to read more, but I'm waiting so to not ruin myself and to have a nice discussion in class. I'm not too happy with helena's character development so far. I understand her fear of being suddenly loved and how it can be seen as mockery, but she seems hell bent on not believing that anything good can ever happen to her. She expects misery and sorrow to be her only companions it seems. Again, I sympathize with her, but not even for one second does she seem to entertain the idea that she's loved.


I predict that she will still refuse Demetrius by the end of the play.
I also predict that things will not go swimmingly with Oberon and his plans for kidnapping the Indian boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment