Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Midsummer Night's Dream

I love reading this play. It's super easy to read and quite enjoyable. When I first heard that we were going to start reading Shakespeare I was pretty worried. But as soon as I started to read the play, I got hooked. I love that we can also use the spark notes to help us out. I admit, I do get lost sometimes as I'm reading the play, or not really lost, but don't understand Shakespeare's old fashioned writing. I read Hamlet in High school and it was pretty good. But this play is so much better. So much Drama and Irony. I wonder what was going through his head as he wrote this. Watching the movie is even better. It gives me a visual, and helps me understand the play a lot better. I like reading the play first though, and then watching the movie. And thanks spark notes for the Modern translation, because If I were to watch the movie without reading the play, I'd be pretty lost, and lose interest. But so far I really enjoy reading and watching the play. I love the supernatural aspect to the play, like the fairies, and all of those fun mystical creatures. It transforms this play into a fun story. I can't imagine what it would be like without it all. I mean, it could still be interesting, but it wouldn't have the same effect it has now.

No comments:

Post a Comment