Sunday, March 20, 2011

Helpful link

Most people already know about this, but I thought I'd post it anyway just in case someone finds it useful. Sparknotes offers "No fear Shakespeare" for free on their website. They also sell the books in most bookstores, I might have even seen it it the art-supply store, but don't quote me on that. It features Shakespeare's original text, and right next to every line, is an interpreted, modern-English version of it. You can read the original and refer to the translation when you get stuck. It's really easy to get lazy, or find yourself in a time bind, and just read the translated text, but do try to keep in mind that Shakespeares language (at least in my opinion) is most beautiful in its original form so you really shouldn't completely abandon it.

Here is the link to No Fear Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night's Dream

http://nfs.sparknotes.com/msnd/

Happy reading! Hope you all had a fun, restful, spring break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment